Monday, June 3, 2013

The Do's and Dont's of IVF ....and the maybes and the possiblies and the little-bits of....



Hello again,

So this post is a bit of a vent, on all of the information available about what to do and not to do when doing a cycle of IVF.

Now I understand, that the majority of the information available is to help women like me navigate their way through the treacherous waters of A.R.T. and IVF.

When going through infertility, women want to feel control.
They’ve lost the ability to control their bodies and the size of their families, so they try and control the outcomes through things like;
 Diet, exercise pattern, supplements and
 Witchcraft

Don’t laugh; I’m seriously considering it!!                                      

With that said….

There is simply too much information available.

I can’t differentiate what is true and what is false.

Most of the information contradicts itself.


Eat fish; the omega 3’s are great for you

Don’t eat fish!! It has mercury.

Have a cup of coffee.

If you drink coffee you will have a failed cycle!

Don’t change your life too much.

Change everything you’ve ever done


It’s insanity!!


And now neurotic little me over here doesn’t know which direction is up.

I want to believe that things like eating fish or using a fragranced soap won’t harm my chance of a successful cycle.

But in the back of my mind. I’m terrified that if it doesn’t work it will be my entire fault.
I of course want a successful cycle and want to do
 Everything in my power to make that happen.

But at what cost?

Just reading articles and posts, stresses me out
 Because it is either contradicting something I had already decided was truth.
 Or presents a completely different ideology that I’ve never heard of.

I’m worried the stress of stressing over the different tactics and rules
Is going to be the end of me.

And worse;
 The end of my cycle.

The one thing I do believe is that stress is the number one factor of an
 IVF cycle outcome.

I need to start channeling positive energy into my cycle and stop worrying
 that every piece of cheese or swim in the pool is going to 
undo all of my hard work.

Anyone who wants to chime in with some encouragement,
 Would be greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment