Sunday, August 11, 2013

It worked....until it didn't...


It started out great and didn’t go as planned.
First beta on 14dp5dt:
12
My doctor was concerned that the pregnancy could go either way with a number like that.
I for whatever reason, was not concerned.
I went and saw my acupuncturist and took the next day off from work to bed rest.
I went back two days later for my second beta.
28.5
Officially pregnant!
We were ecstatic.
I’ve never seen my husband so happy about anything
I couldn’t believe how much he was looking forward to having a baby.

We told a few close friends and bought a few items to get us excited.
( It was also tax free weekend which helped me justify the early buys)

One week later I went back for my final beta draw.
50

And our world stopped.
The pregnancy isn’t viable.
It might be ectopic although I am having no symptoms of that.
My Dr had me stop taking the progesterone and estrogen and I have spent the weekend waiting to see if I will start miscarrying naturally.

Other than some cramping nothing has happened.
I have an appointment tomorrow morning.
I plan to opt for a D&C.
I’d like to do it as soon as possible.
I don’t have much more to write for now.
We are both still processing this and I will most likely write more in a day or two. 

No comments:

Post a Comment